Resume Writing Tips
Let’s face it, hunting for a job these days can be a bit daunting. An open position can attract dozens, even hundreds, of applicants. A resume is a vital element in the job-hunting process. It can be that proverbial foot in the door. So what can you do to ensure that your resume doesn’t end up in the round file on the floor?
This workshop will give you tips for making the most of your resume and cover letter. At this workshop, you’ll learn:
- The dos and don’ts of resume writing
- How to make good use of “success” language and “action” words to sell your accomplishments
- What to include in a resume, and what to leave out
- How to tailor your resume to the job you are seeking
- How to use an “Objective Statement” on a resume
- How to summarize your qualifications
- The importance of a Cover Letter
- About harnessing the power of Social Media
Plus, we are serving a free continental breakfast. Seating is limited, so please RSVP today.
Helping members stay financially fit isn’t just good for us, it’s good for the whole community. It’s one of the reasons Altura fits right in.Register