Application Deadline is March 12, 2018
*(Riverside, Calif.) Feb. 2, 2018 *– High school students graduating from Riverside County high schools in 2018 are invited to apply for a college scholarship from Altura Credit Union. The deadline for application is Monday, March 12, 2018.
High school seniors enrolled in public and private high schools in Riverside County are eligible to apply. The final number of scholarships has not been determined for this year, but in the past Altura has awarded 40 scholarships:
• 25 general scholarships
• 5 for students in AVID programs
• 10 for local students who plan to attend University of California, Riverside (UCR)
Additionally, three memorial scholarships are available:
• The Bonnie Gail Polis Educational Endowment provides a college scholarship for those who express intention of pursuing a career in public education and is graduate of a high school in the Riverside Unified School District
• The Terry Ferrone Memorial Scholarship provides a college scholarship for a graduate of John W. North or Poly High Schools in Riverside, CA
• Kimberly Jean Flores Memorial Scholarship provides a college scholarship for a female, graduate of Canyon Springs High School in Moreno Valley
A single scholarship application can be used for one or more of the scholarship categories.
The Altura Credit Union Foundation makes the final selection of scholarship recipients. All applicants are expected to be goal-oriented students who exhibit academic achievement, community service/extracurricular involvement, personal character/leadership qualities and financial need.
Students can download the scholarship application from Altura’s website, https://www.alturacu.com/community/altura-in-the-community/scholarships or from The Community Foundation at https://www.thecommunityfoundation.net/grants/scholarships/scholarship-schedule. Area high school guidance counselors often have the applications as well.
Completed applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on March 12, 2018, to: The Community Foundation at 3700 Sixth St., Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92501. The Community Foundation assists Altura by accepting and processing the hundreds of applications. Foundation staff also can answer student questions and assist with completing the application. Call them at 951-241-7777.
Based in the Inland Empire for 60 years, Altura Credit Union serves nearly 121,000 Members, has $1.28 billion in total assets and operates 13 branch offices in Riverside County. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Riverside and San Diego counties; selected cities in San Bernardino and Orange counties; as well as U.S. Military, U.S. Government and Civilian employees working at March Air Reserve Base in Riverside County; and retirees of the United States Armed Forces. For more information on Altura, visit www.alturacu.com, or call 1-888-883-7228.