The Altura Credit Union Foundation offers scholarships to Riverside County high school seniors. A monetary award is given to selected seniors meeting the scholarship criteria. There will be 35 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 awarded this year.
Several recipients are chosen each year for scholarships from the following funds:
- Altura CU Foundation General Scholarship – Available to seniors graduating from any high school in Riverside County.
- 10 scholarships for local students attending the University of California, Riverside (UCR).
- 5 scholarships for students participating in AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) programs in Riverside County schools.
- 20 general scholarships
- Bonnie Gail Polis Educational Endowment – Available to seniors graduating from any high school in the Riverside Unified School District who are pursuing a career in education.
- The Terry Ferrone Memorial Scholarship – Available to seniors graduating from John W. North or Poly High School in Riverside.
- The Kimberly Jean Flores Memorial Scholarship – Available to a female senior graduating from Canyon Springs High School in Moreno Valley.
*The deadline to apply for the 2013 Scholarship Program will be March 11, 2013.
To obtain the application please visit The Community Foundation Website. For assistance with the application contact The Community Foundation at 951-684-4194.