An Altura Debit Card is a must-have with every checking account. It can be used world-wide with the comfort of knowing it’s coming from your checking account.
- Works like an ATM Card – Use your Altura debit card at an ATM to make deposits or withdrawals, or at a point-of-sale terminal by inputting your PIN (personal identification number).
- Accepted like a Credit Card – You can use your Altura debit card anywhere. You can sign for your purchase like a credit card, yet the money will still come out of your checking account.
- Protection from unauthorized expenses –You are protected from unauthorized purchases made with a lost of stolen debit card in any signature-based or online transaction.
- Make online or over-the-phone payments – You can make purchases online or over-the-phone using your Altura debit card number. Your purchase amount will be deducted from your checking account.
- No fee to use – There is no fee to use your Altura debit card.
Every Altura checking account comes with a debit card. If you do not have one, please contact Altura Credit Union at 1-888-883-7228 or visit your local Altura branch.
IDENTITY THEFT WARNING
Be sure to protect your self and your identity. Do not give your Altura debit card number or PIN to any unsolicited requester, no matter how legitimate it may seem – including e-mail and phone requests. No one needs to know your PIN but you. Stay informed of identity theft scams and know your victim’s rights.
If you are uncertain if a request is legitimate, please contact Altura Credit Union member service at 1-888-883-7228.
There is no fee to use the debit card. Fees may apply if using a non-CO-OP ATM, if the merchant charges a fee for debit/credit card use, or if a purchase is made when overdraft protection or courtesy pay is required to pay the item. PIN-based transactions are not protected from unauthorized purchases. Please protect your personal PIN at all times. See the Schedule of Fees for details.