About Our Scholarships
Each year, over 40 $1,000 scholarships are gifted to local high school seniors. Recipients are chosen from the following funds:
- The Altura Credit Union Foundation General Scholarship: This scholarship is available to high school seniors graduating from any high school in Riverside County. The General Scholarship specially designates five scholarships for students participating in AVID, and 10 scholarships for students attending University of California, Riverside.
- Altura Future Leader Scholarship: Altura’s Future Leader Scholarship is personally funded by Altura’s CEO and designed for a graduating high school senior who embodies leadership characteristics and tendencies.
- The Dr. Linda Wisher Educational Endowment: This endowment is in memory of Dr. Linda Wisher, a former member of Altura’s Board of Directors. Recipients are female student pursuing a career in education.
- The Bonnie Gail Polis Educational Endowment: This Endowment is in memory of Bonnie Gail Polis and is dedicated to graduating high school senior within the Riverside Unified School District (Arlington, King, North, Poly, Ramona) with the intention of pursuing a degree in public education (i.e. – Teacher, Counselor, Administrator, etc.).
- The Terry Ferrone Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is in memory of Terry Ferrone and grants funds for a graduating high school senior from John W. North or Poly High School.
- The Kimberly Jean Flores Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is in memory of Kimberly Jean Flores, a former Canyon Springs High School Student. To apply for this scholarship, you must be a graduating high school senior of Canyon Springs High School in Moreno Valley.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Click Here to access Altura’s 2021 Scholarship Application. Please note, students are able to apply for several of the above mentioned scholarships using a single application. Questions and request for further information can be directed via email to Altura Cares at: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through March 19, 2021.