About Our Scholarships
Each year, over 40 $1,000 scholarships are gifted to local high school seniors. Recipients are chosen from the following funds:
- The Altura Credit Union Foundation General Scholarship: This scholarship is available to high school seniors graduating from any high school in Riverside County. The General Scholarship specially designates five scholarships for students participating in AVID, and 10 scholarships for students attending University of California, Riverside.
- The Altura Member Scholarship: Designed for graduating high school seniors who are Members of Altura, or, have an immediate family Member that belongs to the credit union.
- Altura Future Leader Scholarship: Altura’s Future Leader Scholarship is personally funded by Altura’s CEO and designed for a graduating high school senior who embodies leadership characteristics and tendencies.
- The Dr. Linda Wisher Educational Endowment: This endowment is in memory of Dr. Linda Wisher, a former member of Altura’s Board of Directors. Recipients are female student pursuing a career in education.
- The Bonnie Gail Polis Educational Endowment: This endowment is in memory of Bonnie Gail Polis and designed for a graduating high school senior with intention of pursing an degree in public education.
- The Terry Ferrone Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is in memory of Terry Ferrone and grants funds for a graduating high school senior from John W. North or Poly High School.
- The Kimberly Jean Flores Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is in memory of Kimberly Jean Flores and is for students under the age of 25 attending Chaffey College in Rancho Cucamonga.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Students are able to apply for several of the above mentioned scholarships using a single application. To access an application, or for further information, please visit www.iegives.org or contact The Inland Empire Community Foundation at: 951-241-7777. Questions and request for further information can also be directed via email to Altura Cares at: email@example.com.