Choosing Overdraft Protection with Altura
Make Sure Every Transaction Completes
Sometimes your checking account is a little lower than expected. Maybe you had an unexpected expense come up or it’s been a slow month at work. But, even during these tough situations, you still have expenses.
That’s why Altura Credit Union offers overdraft protection to all our members. With this service, you have a safety cushion even if your account balance is a little lower than normal. The features of this service include:
- Link to Savings: The ability to link your savings account to your checking account. This way, your savings balance can be your backup in case you need to make a big purchase and want to avoid an overdraft.
- Link to Altura Credit Card: The option to link your Altura Credit Card to your checking account. You can use your credit line as a backup to avoid an overdraft.
- Link to Savings AND Credit Card: You can link to both your savings and credit card to give you two lines of defense against overdraft fees. Overdraft first draws from your savings account and then your credit line, so you never have to deal with an overdraft.
- No Payment Denials: Stop worrying that your ATM or point-of-sale transactions won’t be approved. With overdraft protection from Altura, you can swipe your card with confidence!
- No NSF Fees: Overdraft protection lets you avoid non-sufficient funds or courtesy pay fees.
- E-Alerts: When you enroll in online banking, your account goes on autopilot. E-Alerts will send you text messages and emails when an overdraft protection transfer is made to your account. You can also set low balance alerts to help you avoid overdrafts.
How to Get Started
When you use overdraft protection, you can feel confident in all your transactions. To sign up today, contact Altura Credit Union at 1-888-883-7228. You can also visit your local Altura branch to find out more about this amazing service.